Wednesday, July 6, 2011

CSD - Day 3

Well after an interesting and hot night, I was up and at'em at 7:15 with my water, yoga and meditation.  All I wanted to do was curl up and go back to sleep, but I forged on.  Mediation was difficult this morning.  My mind was not having it.  I could focus on my breath for a few inhales and exhales, but then the planning would creep in....volleyball drills, what I'm having for dinner tonight, etc.  At one point I reminded myself that Kris mentioned that even though your mind may not cooperate, it's still important that you show up.  So I fought, I mean gently tired to reign my mind back in, for 15 minutes.  I am feeling very tired and foggy today.  I feel like I need to eat more because I am so tired, but nothing really sounds that great.  It was hard today to drink my green juice for breakfast.  It was rather large and tasted like celery and green.  Not that it was bad, just not really what I was wanting this morning.  I drank away at it as I got ready and finished almost all of it.  I had to pack a bigger cooler and a second water bottle today to fit all my goodies in.  The second water bottle was for my aloe water and the cooler was filled with snacks and lunch.  I was planning on going on a run after I finished up at work, but I don't know that I will have the energy to put one foot in front of the other.  I don't necessarily feel tied, but like my body needs to rest.  My head feels like it is swimming in a cloud.  Toady is hump day, I hope tomorrow is a little easier.  I also feel like my thoughts here are very fragmented, but it is hard to put into words how I feel.  It is kind of strange and almost alien.  I think I will head home and take a nap before heading to Albany to coach some VB.  They have conditioning today so I think that will be my workout for today.  I will give cycling a try again tomorrow.  If I have time tonight to give an update on how I am feeling, I will check back in.

One last note before I head out, I was looking around the CrazySexyLife website and found a smoothie recipe that sounds good: avocado, mint, cucumber, a bit of kale, and a sprinkle of stevia.  Sounds creamy and refreshing.  I think I will try that as my afternoon pick me up before I head to Albany.

Peace, love and health!

No comments:

Post a Comment