Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Crazy Sexy Diet - Day 2

Day 2 was a bit harder than day 1.  Day one I was at home cooking all day.  I got in all my meals, snacks, water and the like.  I even completed my hour long track repeat workout and felt strong.  Day 2 I felt a little drained and it was harder to live off just my smoothie until noon.  It could be from the detox, or it could have been that I ran between 8:30 and 9:30 at night, burned 700 calories, and then ate only a snack and went to bed, or possibly a little of both :)  Nonetheless, I woke up early,drank my lemon and cayenne water and did my yoga and mediation.  Yoga always feels good in the morning, and I felt like my mediation was pretty good too.  Only a few wandering thoughts here and there, but my body is still ready to be done after 15 minutes (or actually more like 10) as my back starts to cramp and my knees start to ache.  Then it was off to my garden on my bike where I water in the sun for about a half hour.  I brought along a homemade energy bar which I hungrly ate before heading over to my 45 minute cycling class.  I thought that I would need more, but I wanted to stick with the "green juice only until noon" recommendation.  The cycling teacher made up a workout that was too hard, but I also hit a wall about 20 minutes in and struggled to even try to keep up for the rest of the time, but I pushed through and finished!  The bike ride home was a slow and tired one, but my body was happy to get food once I got in the door.  I then decided I cannot do a noon work out running only on a green smoothie. I was pretty tired the rest of the day, but able to do what I need to.  However, I think I was starting to feel the effects of the detox: a little nauseated, weak muscles, foggy brain, and a headache.  I slept hard and was quite out of it when I woke up in the middle of the night.  My husband said he woke up to me being wide awake and staring, which I don't remember. He kept asking me if I was alright, and I remember thinking "why does he keep asking me that?  Am I acting weird?"  I don't remember what I was doing, but he said it was weird.  Detox? Exhaustion? not sure?

No comments:

Post a Comment